Re: Alocaisa gageana

  • Subject: Re: Alocaisa gageana
  • From: "Christopher Rogers" <crogers@ecoanalysts.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:58:27 -0700

Fascinating!

Thanks, Peter! So, obviously I had a few things confused. I am glad to know you are working on the group, and I hope that I can get a reprint when you publish.

You said that these plants send up a pair of inflorescences. My A. odora and my A. macrorrhizos have sent up single inflorescences, paired and sometimes three inflorescences. Am I seeing something different, or could this be ecophenotypic variation?

I really enjoy the genus Alocasia, and I do want to learn all I can about the taxonomy. I appreciate your help, and if you ever need any help with freshwater crustacean taxonomy, let me know. I be happy to return the favor!

Thanks for the help!

Christopher

D. Christopher Rogers

((,///////////=======<

EcoAnalysts, Inc.

1.530.383.4798

P.O. Box 4098

Davis, CA 95616

USA

ŸInvertebrate Taxonomy

ŸEndangered Species

ŸEcological Studies

ŸBioassessment

ŸInvasive Species

ŸPlankton

ŸPhycology

IDAHO ∙ CALIFORNIA ∙ MISSOURI ∙ PENNSYLVANIA ∙ ONTARIO

WWW.ECOANALYSTS.COM  ∙ ECO@ECOANALYSTS.COM