From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of Christopher Rogers

Sent: 12 August 2009 01:58

To: 'Discussion of aroids'

Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Alocaisa gageana

Thanks, Peter! So, obviously I had a few things confused. I am glad to know you are working on the group, and I hope that I can get a reprint when you publish.

You said that these plants send up a pair of inflorescences. My A. odora and my A. macrorrhizos have sent up single inflorescences, paired and sometimes three inflorescences. Am I seeing something different, or could this be ecophenotypic variation?

I really enjoy the genus Alocasia, and I do want to learn all I can about the taxonomy. I appreciate your help, and if you ever need any help with freshwater crustacean taxonomy, let me know. I be happy to return the favor!

Thanks for the help!

D. Christopher Rogers

P.O. Box 4098

Davis, CA 95616