Re: Don Burns

  • Subject: Re: Don Burns
  • From: "Betsy Feuerstein" <ecuador10@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 18:49:29 -0500

Title: Re: [Aroid-l] Don Burns

Don Burns was one of the nicest kindest plant people I have ever known. He was one of those people often behind the scenes helping those in the front of the mission to make Aroids known and treasured. He left us far too soon for sure!

Another aroid person who might be wise to include is Tim Anderson who crossed many a velvet anthurium to come up with some beautiful hybrids that to this day are sold at the Aroid Show by the crew of Palm Hammock, one of the prettiest plant sales places in the Miami Area. He also grew and are still grown, some of the really nice philodendrons. Begonias were his thing but he was a darn good grower no matter what he was growing. That tradition has been continued to this day by the staff of Palm Hammock. In the back of this nursery there is a really neat back greenhouse where treasures can be found with permission of the powers that be because they only allow limited access with permission.

Has anyone mentioned Enid yet? Can’t forget that fabulous grower of Aroids. She has imported and grown so many neat new material and kept some of the old varieties going over these many years. We cannot forget her………………. Nsetropicals ……… go to eBay to lose  your shirt to some of the neat aroids she has listed…………

Then add Brian Williams from Kentucky who sells on eBay and shows up at the Aroid Show almost every year.

Betsy