Re: Aroid Plantmen

And Craig Allen.  I was blown away the first time I went to Fairchild Gardens and saw Mr. Stinky (the Amorphophallus titanum) and all his superbly grown friends.  I took photo after photo of all the wonderful Amorphophallus and that hooked me on Aroids completely.  Tricia introduced us and he even shared some tubers of  Pseudodracontium with me.  That trip to see the collection and my first IAS show & sale was very memorable.

From: a sunjian <asjbiotek@gmail.com>
To: Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@www.gizmoworks.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2014 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Aroid Plantmen (Susan B)

Not meco-related, but in terms of getting what is arguably the most famous aroid (Amorphophallus titanum) to flower we should mention Kathy Upton at UMSL, who got the first corpse flower to bloom in the USA since the 1930s and who did a triple play with three different specimens in 2011, if I remember correctly.

Aroid-L mailing list