Anthurium seeds

Dear all,

Regarding my mystery lavender-berried Anthurium ... to all those who have
replied asking for seeds, thank you and your seeds will be sent out shortly.
Please be patient however, squeezing out all those little seeds, washing them
and wrapping in wet tissue etc is truly a labour of love and very time
consuming so it may take me a couple of days...There are lots available so
more requests are welcome. No charge as usual and as usual if you have
some interesting seeds you can exchange that will be very welcome also but of
course that is not obligatory, I am happy to make these things more widely

I sowed some of the seeds myself on sphagnum moss and they are germinating
already (2 days!!) so the chances for germination looks good.

Thanks to those who gave suggestions as to its identity, most suggestions
were for A. scandens or related. Yes, looking through the keys by Croat it
would seem to be a member of the section containing A. scandens, it has the
rooting internodes, the 2 prominent collective veins near the leaf margin,
berries with apical points etc but I don't think it can be scandens itself.
It is just too large in all its parts, leaves approaching 5-6 inches, 2-3
inches across, and most importantly the leaf stalks are very long, at least
as long as the leaves and frequently half as long again. The same for the
stems of the flowers, usually 6-7 inches long. The short spathe is greenish,
pointed and erect throughout. Berry clusters are about 3 inches long.So we
are left with something that looks like a giant, elongated scandens. I have
to say also that the glands on the leaf surfaces are indistinct to say the
least and I believe in that group they are supposed to be prominent?

Anyway, any other suggestions greatfully received and I will work at getting
a picture put on the web as soon as possible. Whatever it is it is very
vigorous and immensely floriferous (I counted carefully last night and there
are 35 flower spikes!)

Regards to all,

Geoffrey Kibby
International Institute of Entomology