Black plants

Dear all,

I have heard a lot about black plants, so I decided to join the confusion.
The black Colocasia is one of the many forms of C. esculenta and has
peltate leaves. I think most of you are talking about it. The only black
Xanthosoma I know is from the Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and its correct name
is Xanthosoma nigrum (Velloso) Stallfeld. It has sagittate leaves and are
somewhat smaller than those of the true X. violaceum. I saw it some time
ago in a nursery here in Brasilia. I didn't know much about aroids
that time and I thought it was a common plant. Since than, I never
found this plant again! I am not aware about a black Caladium. To me, it
is a misindentification or something like this. Some specimens of Caladium
humboldtii have dark-green leaves, but I don't think it deserves this name.

I hope it helps,