Re: Gabe's Alocasia

Gabe Thomas wrote:

> Thanks for the atempts to identify the leaf in the picture. I agree with
> Dewey, the leaf in this picture does look more like A. micholitziana to
> me, but I'm far from an expert. I'm curious what those of you who think
> macrorrhizos are seeing. Where in the world is Tim Chapman?
>
> Gabe Thomas
> cdanielle@prodigy.net
>
> Dewey Fisk wrote:
> >
> > Folks,
> > If you look at the matt green in the lower right of the photo...  Alocasia
> > macrorrhizos does not have this matt finish....  My guess is one of the A.
> > micholitziana types that have this matt surface...
> > Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut
> > THE PHILODENDRON PHREAQUE

Gabe et al,
I've been very busy for the last two weeks (even though I did e-mail you
twice about the source of the alocasia photo when you first asked about
it).

Dewey, you should recognize the Alo....its yours!  Never could remember
what you called it, but at the time (four years ago??) it was a one of a
kind and you hadn't had it very long.

For all of those wondering about me, yes, I am still alive ..just too
busy.

Tim C.
Timothy Chapman
6920 Bayou Paul Rd.
St. Gabriel, LA 70776-5602 USA
chapman@premier.net  504-642-7762

Gingerwood nursery catalog: http://www.premier.net/~chapman/catalog.html
Tropical plant pages Aroids/Bananas/Calathea/Gingers/Heliconia at:
http://www.premier.net/~chapman/home.html