gigantic leaf species around the world

Hi, all

I received the enclosed email, but there are many more qualified people in
aroid-l to answer this question than myself, so I'm forwarding it to the
collective attention of aroid-l...

> From:
> I am interested in locating the largest undivided leaves in the world.
> (...)  It seems there are two families with gigantic leaves: Xanthosoma
> Saggitifolia and Alocosia Macrorrhiza (...)  I am curious about how large
> they have been documented in the wild, and of course, in what parts of the
> world.  If it is not too much trouble, please provide as exact dimensions
> and locations as possible.  I have listed my address and phone below, or
> you may simply RE this message to my email.  Thank you for your time and
> assistance.
>      Sincerely,
>           Daisuke Shintani
>           PO Box 674
>           Reigelsville, PA 18077
>           (610) 749 - 0401

On a separate topic, there's been a bunch of updates to my aroid pages -
some of the more interesting ones are:

I also have four unidentified alocasia hybrids; if someone could ID them,
I'd really appreciate it.

as well as two anthuriums:
(my guesses: veitschii and andreanum ?)

Finally, if anyone finds that the old bookmarks to my pages don't work, it
is because for some unfathomable reason my IP provider decided that
personal pages cannot be reached via any more, and have to
be specified with u1, instead ...

Krzysztof Kozminski