Subject: gigantic leaf species around the world
Author:  <aroid-l@mobot.org> at mailgate
Date:    8/12/98 11:16 PM

Hi, all

I received the enclosed email, but there are many more qualified people in
aroid-l to answer this question than myself, so I'm forwarding it to the
collective attention of aroid-l...

> From:  Babirussa8@aol.com
>
> I am interested in locating the largest undivided leaves in the world.
> (...)  It seems there are two families with gigantic leaves: Xanthosoma
> Saggitifolia and Alocosia Macrorrhiza (...)  I am curious about how large
> they have been documented in the wild, and of course, in what parts of the
> world.  If it is not too much trouble, please provide as exact dimensions
> and locations as possible.  I have listed my address and phone below, or
> you may simply RE this message to my email.  Thank you for your time and
> assistance.
>
>      Sincerely,
>
>           Daisuke Shintani
>           PO Box 674
>           Reigelsville, PA 18077
>           (610) 749 - 0401

-----
On a separate topic, there's been a bunch of updates to my aroid pages -
some of the more interesting ones are:

http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/Araceae/Arum/hygrophilum.html
http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/Araceae/Alocasia/crassifolia.html
http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/Araceae/Alocasia/micholitziana.html
http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/Araceae/Xanthosoma/maffafa_aurea.html

I also have four unidentified alocasia hybrids; if someone could ID them,
I'd really appreciate it.

http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/Araceae/Alocasia/unknown.A.html
http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/Araceae/Alocasia/unknown.B.html
http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/Araceae/Alocasia/unknown.D.html
http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/Araceae/Alocasia/unknown.E.html

as well as two anthuriums:

http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/Araceae/Anthurium/unknown.A.html
http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/Araceae/Anthurium/unknown.html
(my guesses: veitschii and andreanum ?)

Finally, if anyone finds that the old bookmarks to my pages don't work, it
is because for some unfathomable reason my IP provider decided that
personal pages cannot be reached via www.netgate.net any more, and have to
be specified with u1,netgate.net instead ...

Cheers

KK

Krzysztof Kozminski
kk@netgate.net