Re: Alocasia Elaine

Dr. Hay,
To the best of my knowledge..... (and I could be wrong!)

A. 'Elaine' was collected by David Burnett many years ago...  in Borneo.
This was the same trip on which he got A. gutta var. Imperalis.  You might
contact him to verify this.

I have no idea why it was named  as it was...  but, the person is Elaine
Spears.  The same person that had Homalomena speariae was named for....  I
called her to get some more information, if available, but she is out of
town...

There is a possibility that Scott Hyndman can give some more information on
this plant.
Regards,
Dewey

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut