Titan Watch @ Fairchild Garden 8/30/99

Titan watch: 70"
Amorphophallus titanum 931146A

.The Titan has just about quit growing, only 1/2 inch gain since yesterday.
If last years pattern holds true, the inflorescence should stop growing for
several days and then open quickly. We are revising our time estimate. The
opening could occur as early as Wednesday or as late as Friday. Of course this
is just a best guess, there isn't enough experience to be sure. Everyone needs
to get their nose in good sniffing condition.

Craig M. Allen
Conservatory Manager 'Windows to the Tropics'
Fairchild Tropical Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road, Miami, Florida 33156
Tel. 305-667-1651 ext. 3320   FAX 305-661-8953
email: cm_allen@yahoo.com
Web site: http://www.ftg.org
Do You Yahoo!?