Anthurium giganteum

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Anthurium giganteum
  • From: "Scott Lucas" <htbg@ilhawaii.net>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:17:57 -0600 (CST)

I am very interested to know if anybody else has plants of Anthurium
giganteum.  Tom Croat sent along photos of the parent of our plants and the
differences in size and form of spathe and spadix are remarkable.  As ours
produces only staminate flowers, and as Tom's parent plant had to have
produced pistillate flowers, I am very interested in investigating possible
dioecism in this species.

Thanks for any leads.

Scott Lucas