[aroid-l] Evolutionary adaptation to environmental change

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Evolutionary adaptation to environmental change
  • From: "Ron Iles" roniles@eircom.net
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 14:27:36 -0000

May You all celebrate your Holydays & the Gift of Life in the most Wonderful
& Loving of Ways.  So at this particular time, a really Happy Christmas.

Here, Windows has been changed from Millenium to XP & so far many email
addresses are inaccessible.  If friends could send me their current em
addresses I would appreciate it.    I have moved to a simple ranch type home
in a breathtakingly beautiful very warm valley near Glengarriff, jewel of
West Cork.   It is in the caldera of an extinct volcano with high mountains,
rhododendrons, lakes & torrential waterfalls all around, entered through the
glorious Beara State Forest,  a dramatic & masjestic place where reign
Spirits of Dinosaurs & one senses watching Leprechauns & the Red Deer.  So,
like the vanishing Jungle, Life changes, one learns & one adapts & moves on
& I learned greatly from working for & with the IAS in its 24th-25th Year.
Priorities & limitations now force me to shed the treasured World
Spathiphyllum Collection.   Secure "arks" are needed.  Some, including a few
species new to Botany probably & sports need to be micro-propagated.  For me
simple Peace Lilies are exquisite, elegant, divinely scented which is maybe
why they are universal house plants but being understated, not obvious,
maybe under-rated & sometimes overlooked by aroid cognoscenti.

So - Thank you to the band of loyal & true friends with whom I shared
concordantly.  One passionately hopes for the Planet to be more & more a
Peaceful Joyful Home for all its diversity in 2003.  Auch kleine dinge.   .

Ron Iles