Re: [aroid-l] colorful leaves or spathe of some other inflorescence?

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] colorful leaves or spathe of some other inflorescence?
  • From: "Peter Boyce" peterboyce@myjaring.net
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 07:45:09 +0700

Several of these repeatedly re-crossed Zantedeschia hybrids that I've grown
have frequently produced an inflorescence in which the spathe is in
appearance and insertion a leaf that is half-way to being a spathe (and
after all, the spathe in aroids is certainly derived from a leaf), so it
seems not unlikely that leaves on the vegetative part of the plant can also
occasionally be seen in a similar transitive state