Re: [Aroid-l] Cold-hardiest Climbing Aroids?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Cold-hardiest Climbing Aroids?
  • From: Eric Schmidt <leu242@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:39:41 -0800 (PST)

Around here in Orlando (zone 9b), here are some
climbing aroids which survived the Dec. 1989 freeze
when it dropped to near 20F. These were killed to the
ground but resprouted and are way back up in the
trees. I don't know the ultimate hardiness.

Epipremnum aureum
E. pinnatum
Monstera deliciosa
M. friedrichsthalii
Philodendron radiatum
P. scandens
P. x wilsonii
Syngonium podophyllum
S. wendlandii

Rhaphidophora decursiva defoliates below 30-31F so the
foliage is more tender than others but it has survived
so far to 27F.
Orlando,FL z9b