Re: [Aroid-l] Unusual Caladiums

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Unusual Caladiums
  • From: "Timothy S. Chapman" lists@gingerwoodnursery.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:56:58 -0600

The 'Thai Caladium' link doesn't work on my browser either, and its my
site :-)  That part of the site was going to be a gallery of several
hundred thai caladium photos.  My contact was very enthusiastic and had
sent 50 or so photos and was supposed to be doing a lot on the thai
side.  Haven't heard anything in ages and have pretty much given up on
the thai caladiums for now (I will see if anything has happened, but
doubt it).

There aren't many nurseries there growing the Caladiums as export
bulbs, instead the really good stuff is usually just sold as small
plants, and often rarily sold at all.  The few nurseries that do export
are growing the less than stellar varities.  Everytime something
promising comes along Caladium wise it just falls apart.  I had high
hopes this go round, but alas..  Its a shame because some of the
varities that are over there are incredible and would be well received
but aren't even in the thai caladium books.  maybe one day.

Tim Chapman

--
Timothy Chapman - tim@gingerwoodnursery.com
Gingerwood Nursery- http://www.gingerwoodnursery.com