[Aroid-l] Amorph.macrorhizus + Dracunculus questions

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorph.macrorhizus + Dracunculus questions
  • From: Baumfarn Webmaster webmaster@baumfarn.at
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:10:10 +0100

1) A.macrorhizus
After a very short grow period most of the plants went dormant. (I think due to too less light).
The tubers are very bright compared to (eg) A.konjac.
Today I noticed that one tuber begin to get brown partially. Is this normal or something wrong?
I store them quite warm, laying on dry earth/sand mixture.

2) Dracunculus vulgaris
They throve quite late and only one had already developed a leaf when I placed them (due to nighttime freezings) indoors.
Now the leaf is gone and the other tubers don't show any further sign of thriving.
What shall I do? Outside still freezing, most times below -5 degrees Celsius, indoor quite warm around 23 degrees Celsius, Basement quite warm too, around 15  degrees celsius.

Aroid-l mailing list