Re: [Aroid-l] Aglaonema yahoo group.

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Aglaonema yahoo group.
  • From: "Russ" chammer@cfl.rr.com
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:25:09 -0500

Michael, you are correct  with those parameters, particularly the high
humidity mark, regarding some of the
Thai hybrid Aglaonemas.  Altho the Thai's are using a host of Aglaonemas for
hybridizing these days, those with A. rotundum parentage will not grow well
in home air conditioning and heating, if at all.  I find the hybrids barely
hold their own grown in outside conditions here in central Florida, and the
species rotundum is
truly the devil to grow here.

central Fla

>>I've tried a few of these forms as "house plants" in my house that allows
most average plants to thrive. They languished. They may need 80F and 80%
humidity to thrive?

Aroid-l mailing list