Re: [Aroid-l] Possible Typhonium identifications?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Possible Typhonium identifications?
  • From: Ken Mosher ken@spatulacity.com
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:17:19 -0500

Thank you, Lord P. Yes, they were young plants, although the photos were taken late in the season. I'll grow them another year and I expect they'll flower then. The tubers I planted were tiny and the ones I harvested were nicely sized.

Wilbert Hetterscheid wrote:
Hi Ken,

I am afraid you will find that you've over-estimated the art of recognizing
Typhoniums in leaf. In my opinion none of your plants shows a leaf-type
unique for only one species. To boot, most are rather early in leaf
development or young plants and many Typhoniums change leaf shape
dramatically when getting older or when producing leaves later in a season.

Sorry I can't help you but I am not the only aroidologist, so maybe somebody
else will surprise us.