Re: [Aroid-l] Possible Typhonium identifications?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Possible Typhonium identifications?
  • From: "Alan Galloway" alan_galloway@ncsu.edu
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:44:47 -0500

Ken,

I would have to echo Wilbert's statements about recognizing Typhonium species by leaf.
I looked at your pics and for each one of them, there could be at least 3 possible species.
So for accurate identifications, you'll have to wait for them to flower.
When they do bloom you'll only have a few hours to get good photos, as the spathe color
fades very quickly once they bloom.

Alan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@xs4all.nl>