RE: [Aroid-l] Possible Typhonium identifications?

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Possible Typhonium identifications?
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@xs4all.nl
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:26:39 +0100

Hi Ken,

I am afraid you will find that you've over-estimated the art of recognizing
Typhoniums in leaf. In my opinion none of your plants shows a leaf-type
unique for only one species. To boot, most are rather early in leaf
development or young plants and many Typhoniums change leaf shape
dramatically when getting older or when producing leaves later in a season.

Sorry I can't help you but I am not the only aroidologist, so maybe somebody
else will surprise us.

Cheerio,
Wilbert