Re: [Aroid-l] Let's talk commercial mixes, eh?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Let's talk commercial mixes, eh?
  • From: "Russ" chammer@cfl.rr.com
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 02:30:04 -0500

I also dislike both styrofoam and perlite, Hermine.  But choices are so limited.  Can't use anything from the ground here in Fla or any southern tier state because of massively damaging root knot nematodes, altho they might be in vastly reduced numbers in the rotted oak leaves under my trees.  I think they prefer sandy soils to those with lots of organic matter.  I guess I should experiment with the brown gold on one of my more common Philos.
>>I HATE THOSE STYROFOAM BEADS. hate, hate hate. they eventually float to the top of the pot..Hermine
Aroid-l mailing list