RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium fruiting

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium fruiting
  • From: "Denis Rotolante" denis@skg.com
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:19:27 -0500

No apparent pattern? Try counting the number of seed per berry, the
relative size of seeds in each berry and whether the has fruit has seed
or just chaff. These factors can vary between fruits on same
infructescence. It may not be as random as you think. Something is
obviously controlling the ripening hormones in each fruit/berry. Some of
the pattern may be random but not all of the ripening.

Denis
Silver Krome Gardens