[Aroid-l] A. albus question

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] A. albus question
  • From: "Allan Tetzlaff" <atetzlaff@rogers.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 07:04:16 -0500

This may be a bit basic, but just wondering with bulbs like albus that look somewhat like an octopus, how the new plants develop?  Some places I've read say that some of the species you have to separate the offsets off or they get reabsorbed back into the main bulb... others the offsets separate themselves after a time, but perhaps not the first year.  So, I'm not certain what to do with this one.  One of it's tentacles already snapped off, so that's a given.

Thanks,
Allan Tetzlaff