RE: [Aroid-l] NOT a Piper sp.

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] NOT a Piper sp.
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:24:24 +0000

From : 	Denis Rotolante <denis@skg.com>
Sent : 	Monday, December 18, 2006 8:23 PM
To : 	"'Discussion of aroids'" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : 	RE: [Aroid-l] 'New' commercial aroids in pots

Dear Bill, Enid, Jani and Friends,

Philo. 'Brazil' was new at least to ME since I don`t grow these kinds of climbing aroids! The other plant in question is NOT a Piper, it is deff. an aroid, and a VERY interesting one to boot, the color (purplish-green w/ splashes of cream) and especially the texture of its leaves is outstanding, like leather, but not a rough as P. rugosum. I THINK the guy where I saw it said it was purchased from a commercial grower in S.W. Florida, and that he THOUGHT that it was named "Pothos 'splash' "or somesuch, I will corner him and re-check the name on the invoice ASAP and let you guys know.

Good Growing,

Julius

They probly bought it from us and are growing it for themselves. It is a neat plant.
                                                Bill Rotolante<<