Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Variegata Aroids

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Variegata Aroids
  • From: "Agoston Janos" <agoston.janos@citromail.hu>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:22:04 +0100

In my terms stabile variegation means that once it shows the variegation it keeps it till the plant dies.

Well I see that there are misnamings in Araceae too, but since I'll be a horticultural engineer soon I used to it. Since we have a plant shop I even less care about plant names, cause so many customers just buy colors, and shapes and they really do not care about the plat's name. Even when they have problems they never or seldom mention the botanical name of the plant, the variety name is even rarer. Of course for myself I like to keep plant names up to date as possible.

For Xanthosoma you can see a picture attached. I hope next spring we'll be able to buy from a real tropical supplyer from the edible stock.
You may also see a nice Anthurium from Andreanum Grp.
And a variegated Alocasia. I'm not sure is it correctly named, the wholesaler told that's it's name. Could it be an Alocasia wendtii form?

Thank you for the posts and news.

Bye,
Jani