RE: [Aroid-l] Seeds of Protarum

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Seeds of Protarum
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:44:57 -0600

Dear Julius:

	We heard from Alistair Hay who said that he had Protarum seeds
in alcohol so these will work for Vic though he has to do a lot more
work to prepare them.  We are only hoping that the seeds are good and
have not been hollowed out by some damn insect.  It is amazing how many
seeds are destroyed by insects even before they hit the ground.

Tom Croat, P. A. Schulze Curator of Botany
Missouri Botanical Garden
Box 299, St. Louis, Missouri 63116
(314) 577-5163
Please send images to our FTP Server.