Re: Two Anthuriums in need of ID

  • Subject: Re: Two Anthuriums in need of ID
  • From: Don Bittel <donbit121@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 23:02:30 -0500

LariAnn,

    the first picture is definitely berriozabalense, which tends to produce seed easily. I just collected seeds that were at least 1/4 inch each, making the berries over 1/2 inch wide.
    the second picture looks like a caribeaum or a small cordatum, which usually has small bumps on the leaf surface. Both used to be common in Miami.

   and Julius, cubense is a GORGEOUS species!  (Dewey always loved that adjective for plants).  The plants that I have grown as cubense have large, wide dark green leaves with a u-shaped petiole, producing lots of seeds on a short peduncle. Like a plowmannii on steroids. Denis/Bill had the biggest anthurium in the display this year, a cubense with leaves bigger than Julius!
    Anyway, merry christmas to all.

Don Bittel

> Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:10:04 -0500
> From: AROIDIAN@worldnet.att.net
> To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
> Subject: [Aroid-l] Two Anthuriums in need of ID
>
> Fellow Aroiders,
>
> I have a couple of Anthurium plants that I need IDs on. Please check
> the following links and see if these plants are familiar. Since I have
> hybrid seedlings growing on now for both of them, the correct ID is very
> important. Thanks
>
> http://aroidiaresearch.org/anthdkv.htm
>
> http://aroidiaresearch.org/heartstf.htm
>
> LariAnn
> Aroidia Research

The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360 Console. Get it now!