Re: Amorphophallus costatus flowering

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus costatus flowering
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@xs4all.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 08:20:49 +0100

Hi Eric,

You're wellcom. 1.5 month is quick but Amorphs which are mature enough to
flower, usually start the flowering earlier than when they would produce
another leaf. Whether it is December or not is not an issue for a
(sub)tropical plant. Whatever the season, when an Amorph loses its leaf and
is ready to flower, it will usually do that within a more-or-less internally
determined period after the leaf disappeared.

Cheerio,
Wilbert