Re: Amorphophallus costatus flowering

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus costatus flowering
  • From: Eric Schmidt <leu242@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:03:55 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the ID Wilbert.

Thats kind of disappointing but its  alright, we never
have gotten A. konjac to grow here, the nematodes in
our sandy soil always get them. I will keep this one
potted up. Now we have a flowering specimen.

It has opened today and is emitting odor. Is that
abnormal for the leaf to have died down and then an
inflorescence come up a month and a half later, and it
is in Dec. ?

http://tinyurl.com/6rys5c

http://tinyurl.com/63f5a8

http://tinyurl.com/6rt6sf