Re: Panama Aroid

  • Subject: Re: Panama Aroid
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 18:21:19 +0100

Hello Harry,
Similar petiole sheathes you can observe in juvenile forms of many Philodendron species.
The very first leaves from a new stem often emerge from petiole sheathes,
they unfold faster than the typical adult and adolescent leaves emerging from cataphylls.
For a plant growing in the wild it is important to grow fast in the first stage of its life.
I append photos of my Ph. bipennifolium juvenile cutlings.