Re: scale insect

  • Subject: Re: scale insect
  • From: "John Criswick" <criswick@spiceisle.com>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:56:06 -0400

You can’t go safer than imidacloprid, marketed under names such as Pronto.  Google it.  Your garden centre should have.  It is systemic, absorbed through leaf surfaces. They have yet to determine the lethal dose for a rat, I understand, and plants tolerate it very well. It controls sucking insects for a month, so that when eggs hatch, the larvae will feed and die also.