Re: scale insect

  • Subject: Re: scale insect
  • From: "Brad and Natasha O'Reilly" <trijaz@bigpond.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 19:08:55 +1000 (AUS Eastern Standard Time)

Depending on the severity I would wipe scale with my fingers and apply a horticultural oil product, or just the oil if to many to wipe with fingers.
Apply so the foliage is saturated all over and under the leaves.Most scale you will find feeding along the leaf veins.
If this does not work (which is not often) then I would apply a systemic product.
I have only ever had a problem with pink wax scale on a monstera deliciosa in my own plants but have treated countless amounts of stock plants and species.
Aroid-L mailing list