Re: Alocaisa gageana

  • Subject: Re: Alocaisa gageana
  • From: "Christopher Rogers" <CRogers@ecoanalysts.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 12:39:55 -0700

Howdy, Pete!
I thought I had a handle on the large green, entire leaf margin Alocasia. My understanding was that A. gageana had a green erect spathe, leaf sinus reaching petiole; A. odora has a yellow erect spathe, and; A. macrorhiza had a reflexed yellow spathe, with the leaf sinus not reaching the petiole. I am not sure how A. robusta is separated out. So, I am surprised to hear that A. gageana is a nomen dubium. Can you help me out on separating these beasts?
D. Christopher Rogers
Invertebrate Ecologist
Telephone: 530.383.4798
EcoAnalysts, Inc.