Additions to the genera pages

  • Subject: Additions to the genera pages
  • From: Albert M Huntington <amh@ieee.org>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 08:56:51 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

  The genera pages at http://www.aroid.org/genera/ contain thousands of photographs of aroids which have been collected by the IAS over the years from many generous donors, and we are continuously adding to the stash.  I don't usually announce the individual additions here, since it's usually only a few hundred pictures or less.

  However, I thought that people might be interested to know that Alan Galloway has generously provided us with well over a thousand additional images.  These images have been uploaded over the past couple of days, and range from Alocasia to Zantedeschia, with many interesting stops in between.

  If you'd like to search for just the new pictures, you can enter "galloway" in the search box and find most of them ( though you'll also get some earlier images, including those plants where he is listed as the namer ).  In any case, if you are interested in tuberous Aroids, your favorite genus has likely been added to.

All the best,
Albert Huntington
IAS Web Guy