Appreciation of Taylor's Article.

  • Subject: Appreciation of Taylor's Article.
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 22:31:23 +0100

Dear All,

I am very impressed reading Taylor Holzer's article. Thanks to today's media we can broaden our horizons
independently if we are 15 or 85 years. I began collecting aroids when I was 23, and my first
photos were published in a national gardening magazine when I was about 27. I can only imagine
what a difficulty was to obtain plants in times of Linnaeus or Schott, without telephones, airplanes and even photos.
Even in the late 1990s I was exchanging plants with other enthusiasts through announcements in
the garden press and writing paper letters to botanic gardens. Now seeing so many aroids on auctions
we must think what to choose. It doesn't matter if we are young or old, poor or rich, professionals or amateurs,
everyday we discover something new in the aroid world (for example that a leaf of Nephthytis changes shape with age).

Happy New Year to Everyone (who celebrates)

Marek Argent