Re: Philodendron sp. 'Burle-Marx Fantasy'

At 01:48 PM 12/26/2012, you wrote:
Does anyone know the history of this plant? I found a stock photo of what looks like this species that may be growing in the wild....

http://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/1566-080742

I have grown Burle Marx for years, starting with some small plant I got at Roehr's in New Jersey in the late sixties. something about this photo looks highly massaged, and I do not know if it is colour enhancement or what, since I do not have those fancy programs to do that.  As I recall, many of us plant people in NY and Massachussets who had the greenhouse facilities, grew this plant and many of us got them from Roehr's Nursery in East Rutherford New Jersey, a magical place.

hermine