Philodendron sp. 'Burle-Marx Fantasy'

  • Subject: Philodendron sp. 'Burle-Marx Fantasy'
  • From: Corey W <cewickliffe@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 16:48:10 -0500

Does anyone know the history of this plant? I found a stock photo of what looks like this species that may be growing in the wild....

My interest in this is that I've grown this plant personally for nearly a decade now and know very little about it but what I was told when I got it... it is a naturally occurring species that was found in Burle Marx's garden and it was unknown where it was collected (which is why it was never described). Finding the above linked photo stunned me a bit, since it looks like the plant is in the wild and was found near Manuas, Brazil. Could it be possible that this is "Burle Marx Fantasy" in the wild? Should we be trying to track down this photographer to find out more exactly where this photo was taken so we can attempt to have a wild locality and finally have this species described?

What else is known about this philodendron?

Best, Corey
Aroid-L mailing list