Re: Titan flowering at Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne

  • Subject: Re: Titan flowering at Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
  • From: "Weaver, Bill (NorCal GDS Team Lead)" <bill.weaver@hp.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 03:29:26 +0000

Congratulations!

Nice Christmas present!

From: aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of J-Man
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:11 PM
To: Discussion of aroids

And it's happened!

Opening overnight on Christmas night, unfurling to full glory today - making the news of course!

Got to head in and get a whiff!

Jeremy

On 23 December 2012 12:20, J-Man <drplantman@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for the tips on opening - I've attached my latest pics. Apologies in the tardiness between sending them: I used to curate this Glasshouse, but no longer do, so getting away from my new line of work to take some snaps has been tricky at this time of year!

So, Friday morn it had reached 162cm, and was really colouring up nicely. The pics attached are from Sunday morning, so I'm guessing with the average growth pattern of 8cm a day, it's now pushing 175-180cm... Should be able to confirm that tomorrow (Monday).

I've managed to shoot the skirt fold as requested and looks like Left over Right... And the incoming Director has put a nice blog post up about it too

It might be a very smelly Christmas and or perhaps New Year's Eve! :)

Jeremy