Re: Inflorescence Odor Changes in Response to Temperature

I don't know if it's defiinitely a response to temperature but Brugmansia
is distinctly different when the weather cools.  On warm evenings with
temperatures above 70 (just a dwindling memory for me now that there's ice
outside) my Brugmansia can be detected from the opposite end of the yard.
On cooler evenings with temperatures in the 50s, you have to stick your
nose directly into the Brugmansia to notice that it is fragrant.  I know
that it's also a change in the season, but if there's a surprise warm
evening, the Brugmansia suddenly becomes fragrant again.
        Les