Edible aroids

Dear Lester and Julius,

    I took a look on Lester`s page and it is really neat. I would like to
add some information. In Brazil, we call Xanthosoma violaceum ``inhame
roxo`` or ``taioba roxa``. Colocasia esculenta is usually called
``inhame``, but in some regions of Southeastern Brazil, it is called
``cara``. Some native species of edible Xanthosoma (like X. maffaffa) are
called ``mangarito``.
    There is one more thing that I would like to suggest. The name
Xanthosoma violaceum is mispelled (``X. violacium``). I know it seems
somewhat silly, but as a taxonomist, I couldn`t resist.

Best wishes,