Re: Colocasia & Alocasia winter storage temp

> So, am I again behind on nomenclature?  Last I heard, C. antiquorum ("eddoe")
> was a subspecies of C. esculenta ("taro").
>
> Jason Hernandez

So?  That doesn't mean every subspecies has the same characteristics.
I'll be the first
one to admit I'm not sure of the nomenclature, but there are several
that have fleshy
tubers, are stoloniferous and do *not* do well in bare root storage.
Two of these include a purple-stemmed
colocasia and also one that has green leaves heavily covered with
irregular purple blotches.
I have seen these referred to as Colocasia fontanesii and Colocasia
antiquroum "Illustris", respectively.
We can leave nomenclature to the true experts, but if I'm wrong on these
names, so are a lot
of people.

Clarence