Thailand aroids

Alan and all...

I snuck a peek at some of the other pictures on Alan's page and noted that
you have a picture of a Pycnospatha arietina from a Bangkok market.

I am planning visiting Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket) in late
January.  Since I have an import permit, I was wondering what aroids would
be good to look for - in the markets and otherwise?
As far as wild growing aroids, in what growing stage might they be at this
time of year.  When is their dormant period or is that highly variable with
species?  This will be a great opportunity for me and I don't want to pass
anything up.  Also, are there any particularly good botanical gardens to

Thanks and happy holidays to everyone.

Don Martinson
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin (Milwaukee suburb)
USDA Zone 5 (-10 to -20F)