Re: Aroids in foreign languages

This is an interesting topic and I certainly hope that others will reply...

I once heard Jose Abalo, a noted Heliconia authority from Venezuela say
that "It is difficult for a Spanish speaking person to pronounce Latin in
English."  From this point of view, I have no doubt that there are several
unusual nams that have come up...
Dewey

>Dear Aroiders,
>as I seen, the people which communicate on the Aroid L are from all over
>the world.
>So I want them asking if they can tell me how Aoids called and spelled
>in their own language. For example in Germany they where called
>"Aronstabgewaechse".
>I need the names for a Flash movie, which will be inserted in my
>forthcoming homepage.
>
>Thomas
>moto_do@t-online.de

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut