RE: native North American aroids

Are you sure that the law applies in areas where it can't possibly survive over the winter?  It's not just one place that sells it - it's almost all places that sell pond plants -- at least it was widely available 2 summers ago.   This past summer I never looked so can't guarantee it was around.  Large plants sold for even more than the previously quoted $3-$5!

Are water hyacinths on that list too?  Those too are available for sale here yet I know they clog southern waterways.

             Les