Re: newsletter

Wonderful, wonderful....  Would have been impossible for me to have said it
better!!!!  Only you can put the words together like that, Betsy....

Not enough on Temperate Aroids:  OK, so you think we publish too much about
Tropicals....  Do like Betsy says...  Write something!!!!  You do not have
to be a pro....  Not looking for pros....  just your thoughts...

>Well, it's about time you all let it be known how great the newsletter is. It
>must have been the US Mail that was so slow because I know the kudos would
>have come faster and more furious if you all had it to read. Just to say it
>again with a cheer and toast, job well done and hope for the future. As Dewey
>just said, articles, articles, contributions, etc. I know many feel they are
>too amateur, but I just bet an observation of a line or two, like what we
>spew on the email, might just be helpful and interesting to others, so keep
>this in mind when you look at your plants, transplant, see a flower, watch a
>leaf, see a beautiful leaf, etc. Keep the newsletter in your mind as you do
>plant things so Neal's job will not be burden but a joy to all of us. I will
>even attempt to take my own suggestions after I survive Christmas with my
>crew. Short notes, short articles, interesting pictures, something that
>fascinated you, may well fascinate others. We have never done too well at
>supporting this project, I included. Perhaps Neal's effort may well show us
>how much we like seeing and reading what interests us, so it is up to us to
>contribute. I know, I have bitched aplenty. Well, the buck stops at home with
>this kind of project because it is OUR NEWSLETTER. If we do not participate
>it becomes a burden to the editor and we have no one to blame but ourselves
>if the quality goes down and we do not see what we want.
>Onward, all have a wonderful Christmas Holiday and a fascinating New Year.
>Then come January, put your thinking caps on and watch and observe and write
>and make copies of those photos and keep the material coming into Neal. Let's
>truly make this a living working informative, enjoyable project that revives
>this society and makes it a living entity outside of South Florida.
>Lecture done.....

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut
Your Source for Tropical Araceae
Go to <http://www.macconnect.com/~plantnut>