RE: Typhonium pedunculatum

	Like MJ, I bought a plant of Typhonium "pedunculatum"at the IAS meeting.
It was one of a group of various plants which John Banta brought to the
meeting (if I am wrong please correct me) and on returning home I tried to
place this name in the proper place within Typhonium.
	Typhonium pedunculatum is not among the species which Sriboonma
and Murata accepted in their revision of the genus five years ago.
Therefore, what is it: a newly described species or an obscure synonym,
or--?  I wrote to John and put the question to him some while ago and have
not had a response.
	Since I have a vital interest in the genus, I would appreciate whatever
info anyone can supply about this plant.
	Based on the response from Wilbert, I assume that he considers it
a "good" species.  I want to include it as one of the species to be
examined in a molecular study of the genus, but only if we know something
about it.
	Thenks for any help anyone can provide.

Vic Soukup
At 11:36 PM 12/13/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>Keep it in the soil. The tuber of this species is sensitive to desiccation.
>
>Cheers,
>Wilbert

Victor G. Soukup
Herbarium