Aroideana 1999

AROIDEANA IS IN THE MAIL!!!  At least part of it is...  the International
part...  We will have to wait till Monday morning for the US mailing...
But it is all finished and on it's way...

Several of us got together for an SSS Party... (stuffin', sealin' and
stampin') at the home of Tricia Frank.  Those that volunteered were Winnie
Glover, Tom Moore, Reggie Whitehead, Juan Espinosa-Almodovar, Tricia and
Dewey....  With a crew like this, it took only a couple hours to get
everything ready and we were on our way home shortely....

Of the nineteen Authors that contributed to this issue, only five had
contributed to Aroideana in the past.  This says a lot for our New Editor.
He is tapping into a lot of new sources!!!  Wonderful, Peter, keep up the
good work!

One thing of note in this issue is four COLOR PAGES on the inside....
These are featured in an article by Dr. Dorothy Shaw on "Aroid Postage
Stamps of the World".  Wow, what an article...  All of those stamps in
color.  Will cost us a fortune but I think it is worth it!

One thing that was really good about the Conference in St. Louis, I had the
pleasure of meeting Eduardo Goncalves from Brazil.  Eduardo is a very young
man (considering most Taxonomists) and has two wonderful articles in this
issue...  One of which was co-authored by Josef Bogner.  At an early stage
in his career, he is playing with the 'Big Boys'.  Plus, Eduardo is quite
the Artist.  His taxonomic drawing of Gearum brasiliense made the BACK
COVER!!!  Keep up the good work, Eduardo.

Now, if we want more of this good work....  We will have to tell Peter what
we think!  So, when you have received your issue...  Look it over and tell
Peter how good it is...  My two cents says that it is great!!

Now, if you have not paid your 1999 dues, do not hold your breath till it
arrives....  It is not on it's way....

 Better yet, if you are not a member...  go to <www.aroid.org> and get a
Membership Application...  If you mark it for 1999 rather than 2000....
Not only will I send you this wonderful Aroideana but the recent COLOR
Newsletter....  Now, that is a wonderful bargain in anyones book....

Regards and good reading!!!
Dewey

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut
THE PHILODENDRON PHREAQUE