Re: How to Handle Berries of Pearl Anthurium

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: How to Handle Berries of Pearl Anthurium
  • From: rharias@juno.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:11:17 -0600 (CST)

	I have germinated anthuriums on tissue paper before. The ones I have
tried, have germinated with great success. But, there seemed to have been
a slight problem when time came to plant the seedlings out. They stick to
the paper! My solution was to cut the paper into small pieces and plant
the seedlings, paper and all.
	I would recommend that you plant them in a sterilized medium as soon as
possible. Plant them up to where the stem and root meets. This is usually
very discernable because the root is usually fatter then the stem.
	Once the seeds are planted, and have been covered for about two weeks,
start "feeding" them with a week, general purpose liquid fertilizer.
		Good growing.

Robert Arias
Tampa FL.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!