Re: Hermine, MJ, Sun and Amorph.galbra

At 07:13 AM 2/7/00 , Rob McClure wrote:

>Over the past I thought you were just another 'crazy Yank' or to be more
>politically correct an 'odd american', but now I think you are a real

I thought all along it was the AUSTRALIANS who treasured their
eccentrics!  This is the rumour in this household. I accept in advance all
invitations to parties.

as regards the weather, i am in Southern California where it is cause to
riot in the streets if the temperature hits 40 degrees. In fact, this is
the real cause of the many street riots we have. HOWEVER, the amount of
solar radiation and heat in the summer, to which the plants become
acclimatized, causes them all to go into a profound sulk during the days of
short sunlight  and lower light levels.

When i lived in Boston, the plants some of which are the same plants I have
growing here, were happy if they got their days extended by a few hours of
fluorescent lighting.

Do not deceive yourself, it is possible to SPOIL your plants.  !8 months
ago i relocated the nursery to a place some 10 degrees colder at night, and
have paid for this dearly. this is one of the reasons for my radio silence.
Oh, it was not the aroids, it was OTHER THINGS who up and died during our
132 year cold winter. I am diminished.